Sunday, January 13, 2008

Making Lists

Official bed rest has begun. So, I started making lists of things I have accomplished so that I feel less useless. On a scale from 1-5 *
Books read:

  1. Little Earthquakes ***-especially if you are pregnant or have been. Warning though,one character does lose a baby early in the book
  2. Girl's in Peril (novella) ****
  3. Middlesex *****
  4. Hamlet (a re-read for school) *****
  5. Light on Snow ***
  6. Into the Wild ****
  7. Wild Swans (really long book, but worth the time) ****

Movies watched:

  1. Oceans 13 ****
  2. An Incomplete Life *** (I do love J-Lo)
  3. Evan Almighty ***
  4. In the Land of Women ***
  5. Pursuit of Happiness ****
  6. Knocked Up **
  7. Bourne Ultimatum *** (Not enough shirtless Matt Damon)
  8. Maria Full of Grace ***** (subtitled but riveting)
  9. Notes on a Scandal ***** (Love Dame Judy)
  10. Evening *** (If you thought you hated Claire Danes before, this will confirm it)
  11. Once ***** (Irish "musical." Very cool)
  12. Frida ***** (Skip it if girls making out is not for you)
  13. Mind the Gap ***
  14. Freedom Writers *** (Very teachery)
  15. Sound of Music ***** (I thought the soundtrack would be good for the womb)
  16. The Holiday **** (Good nonthinking chick flick)
  17. Good Night and Good Luck *** (A little slow)
  18. Superbad * (teaching high school has made me jaded)
  19. The Last King of Scotland ***** (Heavy but really good)
  20. The Matador **** (I never loved Pierce Brosnan so much)
  21. Bridge to Terabithia (So depressing I can't believe it was marketed as a children's film. A good lesson for me to preview any movie we take the triplets to)
  22. The Kingdom *
  23. Babel * (Maybe it's "baby brain" but I so did not appreciate it)
  24. Catch and Release ** (Chick flick)

No comments: