Monday, December 10, 2007

House Arrest


December 10, 2005. 140 lbs 0 cigarettes 0 alcoholic beverages

I thought I would begin my first post reminicsing my pre-pregnancy days where the the first number would have been lower and the last two much higher.

So it is day one of "modified bed rest," an ambiguous term for "stay home and feel like you can get nothing done." So, I started this blog today as a way to feel productive and document my triplet pregnancy. Perhaps my starting sentence will need to be edited once the children are born.

This experience has been laden with lessons in patience, sacrafice, and hope. I am reminded daily of how amazing Bryan is and how my friends and family are the most supportive people in the world. More than one person has said exactly what I needed to here today and it is only 11:00 am. Sue offered delivered lattes, Amanda R. movies unlimited, Irene anything I needed and my boss, some laughs. My sister reminded me that I need to make sure that I do not pick up too many hobbies because I will need to work on her graduate work come January.

But for today, the house is getting cleaned and I started a blog. I am 10 lbs less than Dr. Luke, the guru of multiple pregnancies, would like me to be, but surely all this rest I need to do will help me to pack on the pounds. I will grade the essays I assigned in anticipation of my convalescence for my poor students and perhaps work on a Christmas scarf for my sister.

No comments: