Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday. Lisette will stop by for lunch and Mom is taking me for a manicure. Big day. I had to opt out of a cookie swap because I could not make the 6 dozen quota. Three just about wiped me out.

Bry's family is coming over on Sunday for a pre-Christmas celebration. This is good because the 2 hour drive to Vineland was stressing me out, but bad because now I have the stress of hosting. So, I need to see this as an opportunity to see things differently...

This is an exercise in not sweating things that are not all that important. If the food is good (and it will be be with my mom's help) and the house is clean (it is, because the cleaning ladies came yesterday) than who cares about everything else. When I really think about it, what else is there? The focus is and should have always been spending time together, not impressing with fancy gourmet skills and creative decor. Ah the insights of house arrest...

No comments: