Monday, March 24, 2008

In Your Easter Bonnet


One of the nurses found Easter print outfits for Nori and Charlie among the handmade goods brought to the NICU by a local sewing group. After some debate, it was decided that these outfits, were in fact, dresses and that Charlie would not be wearing one. I argued that I wanted my son (I love calling him that!) to grow up free from any stereotypes that might bind him from becoming his true self. I was shouted down by the nursing staff, including Charlie's primary nurse, Dave, and Bryan. So, we only have pictures of Nori in the Easter outfit. Hopefully, she will not feel trapped in a stereotype since she was forced to wear this dress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that Easter outfit! and I am not sure what the problem is with Charlie having one on too - you know how much his cousin Ryan loves to dress up - there is nothing wrong with that!!! We miss you and love you!!! Love, Beth

Amy said...

I agree Beth. If Ryan feels good in a dress then his cousin should too.

Anonymous said...

No Dresses for Charlie!

Thank you,
Management
(dad)

Anonymous said...

I would not sweat it too much and think of it as an Easter Robe - Love Aunt Nori