Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Name Game




The other day Bryan and I were checking out a children's store. They had a huge display of colorful sippy cups with children's names on them. We searched the display tree full of cups touting Aidans, Jacks, Zacks, Emmas, and Jennas, only to come up empty when it came to Nori and Charlie. I panicked. Had we already set our children up for disappointment? Had we traded tradition for isolation? The very next day, a package from Amazon arrived from Denice.
Although Good Night Nori's protagonist is a male cat who carries a purse, the theme fits our Nori well. The story is about how Nori has trouble sleeping because he wants to play with his friends. Our Nori seems to be very awake most of the time and often tries to escape from her isolette to play with her friends. Yesterday when we came to visit, Nurse Cathy had her on lock down because when she was not looking Nori had wiggled out of her snuggly and up the side of the crib.

3 comments:

Jon said...

That is an ADORABLE child. I will be praying for you, your husband and Nori!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy- I can't beleive you actually were worried...with a friend with a name like "Bronawyn" did you really think I couldn't help in that area! LOL
I am on the prowl for NORI stuff!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I'm running into the same problems with "Caden". WHen I search for things with his name, I'll start looking for things with "Nori" also.
Jenn Anderson