Wednesday, March 12, 2008

North Jersey Girls Rule

Dr. H has been taking care of Nori and Charlie for the past few weeks. During rounds recently, she asked me if Nori is a true Jersey girl due to her unexpected birth in Florida. I told her that I will begin indoctrinating her right away because she should know her roots, beginning with tape recordings of Springsteen and Bon Jovi to be played round the clock. Forget about Good Night Moon. I thought it was funny that Dr. H asked that, only to find out last night that Dr. H is from Bloomfield. I told her that I was from Clifton and I could tell she was trying to imagine me with big north Jersey hair as I was her (we are around the same age). If anyone has a Bloomfield High year book, circa 1988-1990 please let me know so we can look her up. I was already confident and comfortable with Dr. H but now I am even more so since she is one of my people. Perhaps we can get some Hot Grill shipped down here along with good bagels with lox and cream cheese from the Tick Tock.

2 comments:

Denice said...

She is really a Central Jersey girl and we tend to be feisty!

Amy said...

Ironically, the word "feisty," comes up for Nori everytime the doctors do rounds!