Monday, April 21, 2008

Overtime


This weekend brought many changes including moving off of our row into a quiet room and moving into cribs. We are so close I can barely take it. A brief conversation with their doctor enhanced this belief so we went shopping for the basics on Sunday. Our cart was full with all the trappings a new baby demands. The Babies R Us cashier efficiently rang us up, noting our choices, and inquired, "Boy and Girl Twins?" "Yes," we smiled back. She then discreetly looked me over and asked, "Adopting?" I suppose I should be happy that I do not look pregnant anymore but a part of me wistfully regrets never being able to take advantage of the "expecting mom's" parking space. I am just about over the fact that I will not be wheeled out of the hospital with "It's a boy!" and "It's girl!" balloons tied to my wheelchair, flanked with bundles of joy in my arms and a beaming husband dutifully pushing towards our new life. I just want to break out of this limbo. Bryan tried not to laugh at me last night as I struggled to put together the pack and play ("portable" my a**), using instructions that are thoughtfully written in three languages but are of no help whatsoever. I washed clothes, sheets and towels, hoping that each act would bring me one more day, one more minute, closer to having these babies with us so I can quit this part-time parenting job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!! Charlie and Nori look like they are settling in to their new digs just fine! Love the coordinating (but not matchy matchy) decor they have going on. Stylin'!

Every little move is one step closer to the door, and one step closer to home for good! Yay!

Love,
Christine

PS - Loving the video clips - I am totally going to get fired for too much internet viewing and distracting my staff with the sound...XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if you really want it, the hospital will joyfully wheel you out when the time comes. As for the Expectant Mother parking spot, they don't look for a parking pass, you know. By the way, Tyler kicks like crazy when he gets to hear Aunt Amy's voice on the videos. He is doing his best to stay put, but please hurry home!! Love Aunt Amanda

Anonymous said...

On "fat" days, and I am traveling with Sarah, I park in the "expecting moms" parking spot. I know I am going to hell, but sometimes you need to just rush in and out!