Sunday, April 6, 2008

Turning the Corner




As of today, Charlie is 2lbs. 9 oz. and Nori is 3lbs. 2 oz. Nori is completely off of her C-PAP and is being weaned off of her temperature controlled isolete. This past Thursday we tried breastfeeding her. We try for about 10 minutes and then we give her break so that she does not burn more calories then she eats. Everyday she gets a little bit better at it and so do I. Charlie is being weaned off of his isolete temperature as well. This means they both get to wear clothes! Charlie is off of his C-PAP for 1 hour and on it for 5 hours. I held them both at the same time for the first time yesterday. I literally thought my heart would burst out of my chest with happiness. I wish I could find words to describe how it felt. The word love does not seem to cover it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest picture ever!! Love Aunt Sara

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I can't tell you how happy I was to see this picture of you holding those two little angels. The joy on your face says it all! I'm so happy to hear about how well those two beautiful babies are doing - and they look fashionable doing it to boot!!

Keep it up guys - you'll be home before you know it!!!

Love,
Christine
(Studdert / Potash - whatever you want to call me these days...)

Anonymous said...

I think that we have all been waiting for this picture - it was worth the wait!! Love, NONNA

Ami said...

I posted a comment a bit over a week ago, after stumbling on to your blog, and I have to comment again. The joy is just jumping out from that picture! Congratulations! They are both doing so well, and you must be so proud.

Beth said...

I know that love feeling - isn't it the biggest, best love you could ever feel!!!! (I know you could have said that better - but I am just a math teacher) I am so happy you have experienced it! I love you!!! Love, Beth

ShawnieMac said...

Even if the word "love" doesn't quite cover it, the expression on your face does. They are beautiful, my friend. Little miracles growing stronger every day...

Unknown said...

what can I add to all those comments! It is said that a picture is worth a 1000 words, I do believe in your case it says much much more than that! As I write this it is 7:51 am, which makes it 1:51am in Florida, you're sleeping (I hope) but my day started already, and this picture has put me in a good mood! Thanks for sharing and making my day a happy one!

Bartleby said...

That's great I am so glad you are happy and that the little ones are doing well.
Matt

Anonymous said...

What a great pic and finally the full Amy smile! Nice...very nice. I am once again touched.

Normile